Friday, 13 March 2009

Spring Fever!


Well its official Spring is almost here - the beautiful baby lambs are out in the field at the top of our road (dont you dare mention mint sauce!) along with the first sprinklings of iris and daffodils. Love is in the air and life seems better as do the clothes!


The weather seems to have brought out some wives and partners into our girly midst which made a refreshing change and it was great to welcome Jan and Nikki who I hope will become regulars. Jan seemed to take everything in her stride but Nikki was on a high for the evening both she and Tina looked totally stunning in their custom made vintage dresses. Speaking of dresses it was red dress night at Manchester concorde and Kate purchased a gorgeous sparkly dress from Roman in a pinky red colour described as 'Magenta'. Sadly red is simply not my colour dah-ling but I did have a go ordering one off the Roman website - but it was too big despite being a 'small' size. So in desperation I pulled out a dress I wore for our 20th Wedding Anniversary in Rome which is black with a floral print in pinks and reds. Fortunately it still fitted even in the top!! Most of the girls looked stunning especially Emma and Mandy who were having a great time.


It was very busy at this months meal - 16 of us in total at Via which was a first visit for me and was certainly different - the food was rather good and the value was excellent . Unfortunately the ladies left alot to be desired - but I have been in worse!!. All credit and thanks to our own lovely Lisa who does an amazing job in arranging these evenings for us.

Concorde was heaving (in a nice way) - and later on Naps was as busy as it was at new year- very bizzare- So for poor Nikki it was a baptism of fire!! It did make me realise how normal and comfortable things seem to me now and I guess we have come along way since my debut in May. This may sound rather dramatic but I don't think we could survive without our outings and special friends around us - truly lifes special treats along with Easter eggs of course!


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all looked good that night,a lovely bunch of girls
    jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. was nice to see you and join you all again after a long absence...I spent a mere 90secs in Naps before the drive home....x
    (my 4am stints are kinda in the past, lol)

    ReplyDelete