

Last week saw me attempting the impossible again......to find a new winter coat. Last year I was over ambitious in trying to find a coat and boots in one go.
I was successful on the boot front but not on the coat front. . It isn't as if I am over fussy... all I require of my ideal coat is that it is.....
1. Not black 2. Not boring 3. Not fur (got 3 already faux of course!).
So something in a nice bright colour (teal would be good) with a bit of stylish detail...nice buttons etc ....sounds simple doesn't it? But having staked out the Trafford Centre once on my own and a second time with Kate both times unsuccessfully on the coat front - although we did have a great time enjoying a lovely lunch in Cafe Rouge and I got a lovely new 'zipper' dress and spotted lots of lovely sequined dresses shoes and bags as is always the way when you are not looking for them.
I was successful on the boot front but not on the coat front. . It isn't as if I am over fussy... all I require of my ideal coat is that it is.....
1. Not black 2. Not boring 3. Not fur (got 3 already faux of course!).
So something in a nice bright colour (teal would be good) with a bit of stylish detail...nice buttons etc ....sounds simple doesn't it? But having staked out the Trafford Centre once on my own and a second time with Kate both times unsuccessfully on the coat front - although we did have a great time enjoying a lovely lunch in Cafe Rouge and I got a lovely new 'zipper' dress and spotted lots of lovely sequined dresses shoes and bags as is always the way when you are not looking for them.
Having given up on the search for the elusive coat for the time being I walked into our local Asda to do some grocery shopping and there right in front of me were rows and rows of lovely coats and jackets in lovely bright fashionable colours. I had a great time trying loads on and settled for a lovely smart looking jacket at the unbelievable price of just £20! The ironic thing is that the matching tickled pink bra and knicker combo I also bought was nearly the same price!

No comments:
Post a Comment