Sunday, 20 June 2010

Wild


Just been watching BBC 2's mammoth "Wild" a 2 hour wild life special fundraiser.
I found it far from wild but actually very moving as so many of our precious
animals are near extinction levels mainly due to mans indiscriminate plundering
of natural habitats.

I found the item about orangutans especially sad - with over 5,000 being wiped out in the last year due to deforestation. Nick Knowles was reporting from an orphanage where the baby orangutans were being brought in their hundreds.
..I am very proud to say that I have pledged £100 to save 60 acres of land for 60 years! What a bargain .....worth giving up a few treats for I think!
Its especially good to know that we can all make a difference in this world whether it is for good or bad always try to go for the first option if possible x

No comments:

Post a Comment