In celebration of the lovely sunshine today - here is one of my favourite songs of summer - takes me back to my first holiday abroad in Majorca in the summer of 1978. This is the unplugged version with an Eric Clapton solo for the first 2 mins...Enjoy!
u
Today’s Pattern Story: Vogue 997
6 months ago

brilliant - wonderful version
ReplyDeleteabout the same time I was listening to Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel as I revised for my end of 1st Year degree exams
Emma xxx
Oh Gosh. This brings back memories of the hot summer of '76, road-trips down to Brighton with all my old schoolmates, with me on my motorbike and then in a car. The pubs ran out of beer and we had to settle for pints of coke.
ReplyDeleteSitting up late at night in parked-up cars at the top of Sydenham Hill, over-looking south London.
My first girlfriend, who's breasts I was so jealous of...
love
chrissie
xxxxx
Its not Eric Clapton doing the intro Mrs Kate. Its I suspect Joe Walsh doing the intro and Don Henley singing - this particular live version is on their "Hell Freezes Over" album which was released just after they reformed in 1994. Yes I am an Eagles fan and seen them 5 times including the last gig at the MEN arena during Sparkle weekend. Take care. xx
ReplyDeleteHey KD the description on You-tube credits Eric Clapton..... I had originally put on the Hotel California version but they replaced it due to copyright issues.
ReplyDeleteAny-way its not about who is playing what but how it makes you feel and the special times and places it takes you back to....
That is true Mrs Kate regarding your latter comments. However, the version above & playing IS the Eagles, there is no doubt about that. One thing for sure, Eric Clapton has never played Hotel California so the credits are incorrect.
ReplyDelete