
I had a job interview yesterday - on one of the hottest days of the year - so obviously my usual navy business suit was not appropriate.
As I frantically raided the wardrobe for something more appropriate I rembered a quote from Barbara Cartlands Etiquette Handbook suggestively titled "A guide to good behaviour from the boudoir to the boardroom" which had caused some amusement at the time "Women should always wear stockings at an interview and, if possible, a hat"( it asks the question of surely a skirt and top would be more appropriate).
I eventually found a nice plain white top and pink and black skirt which was part of a Chanel style suit but didn't wear the jacket as it was too darn hot!! However all that fretting went out of the window as I reported at the reception the first person I saw was dressed in a hawaiian shirt and a grass skirt!! (it was one of those trendy call centres) and they were having a beach themed day.
I felt positively overdressed - maybe I should have gone with just the stockings and hat after all!!

If it gets you the job, hun..... :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck.
love
chrissie
xxxx
I'd definitely go with the stockings and hat - good luck Mrs K
ReplyDeleteDi
xxx